POINTOUR IS NOW CLOSED AND IS CHANGING OWNERSHIP.
CHECK BACK LATER FOR MORE INFORMATION OR CALL 1(507) 459-2938.
SEE GREAT ARCHITECTURE. HEAR LITTLE-KNOWN STORIES.
DISCOVER A WILD PAST.
Take a tour from the only 5-star tour provider offering a complete look into the incredible buildings, storied past and (sometimes famous) people of downtown Winona, Minnesota.
Just some of the things you'll discover:
- the water god that once traveled the Mississippi
- the fire that wiped out almost the entire city
- Winona's Egyptian temple (with buried treasure!)
- a waterworks system decorated in gold
- creepy grotesques (don't worry, they don't bite)
- the Winonans who kept lions as pets (they did bite)
- incredible architectural details
and much more!
Pointour's walking tours take you past:
- the factory of one of the country's largest grain businesses
- the first (and small) store of a fastener distributor now valued at $15 billion (which is a lot of money)
- a bank building considered to be an important contribution to the architecture of the early 20th century (in other words, it's pretty)
- the former silent movie theater that showed pictures of Winona's Charlie Chaplin impersonator
and lots of other historic and fascinating structures!
START LOCATION: Winona County History Center 160 Johnson Street Winona, Minnesota
END LOCATION: Winona County History Center
TIME: approximately two hours with a break for a refreshment
GREAT FOR FAMILIES: free activity books to go along with the tour stops!
COST: $15 adults, kids (13 and under) are free with paying adult
On-site payment is with CASH ONLY
Tours are held rain or shine (or snow).
Tours can now be booked at any time by calling 507.459.2938 and scheduling a tour. Group tours can be booked at any time as well.